Under State of Connecticut General Statute Sec. 29-161q, any person who desires or intends to work as a security officer within the State of Connecticut must first complete an approved Basic Criminal Justice certification course before applying to the Commissioner of Public Safety for licensure as a security officer.
This course of instruction offered through Grey Wolf Consulting is conducted by a State of Connecticut approved and certified Criminal Justice Instructor and meets or exceeds the requirements of the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection for licensure as a security officer within the State of Connecticut.
The Core Topics Of Instruction Within This Program Include:
- Introduction to and History of Private Security
- Basic First Aid Awareness Overview
- Search & Seizure Laws and Regulations
- The Escalation / De-Escalation of Physical Force and the Use of Force Continuum
- General Statutes Related to the Use of Physical Force
- Basic Criminal Justice
- Public Safety Issues
- Basic Patrol Functions
- Liability and the Security Officer
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive the required instructor signature upon there application for a security officers license.
State of Connecticut Specific Applicant Information:
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participant will receive the required instructor signatures and application which will need to be taken to the State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection in Middletown, CT. with the following additional documents.
1. Two passport photos (Taken not longer than 6 months prior to application date)
2. State issued photo identification
3. Fingerprints (These can be taken at the DESPP)
4. Required fees for licensure
Once all of the above has been completed, the individual is required to undergo an extensive background check (Currently 8 – 10 weeks) and upon completion will receive their State of Connecticut Security Officers License (White Card / Guard Card) which will allow them to apply for and be hired by a licensed security service, agency or company.
For additional information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.952.7815