Designed specifically for anyone who carries a firearm, be that a law enforcement officer, security officer or private citizen.
This one-day training seminar focuses on the application of both a combat pressure bandage and tourniquet which should be added to every shooters “EDC” (Every Day Carry) load-out. The techniques and skills obtained with this program can be used on either the participant or another person and will assist in being able to continue the fight until help arrives.
Some of the core topics of this program focus on include:
- The effects of a projectile on living tissue
- Recognizing Venous vs. Arterial hemorrhage and the dangers associated with each
- Basic anatomy of the human circulatory system and the 12 application points where a tourniquet may be applied
- Types of tourniquets currently available and choosing the correct equipment
- Application of both a tourniquet and pressure bandage on yourself or another
- What to expect from the use of a tourniquet on yourself
- Continuing the fight after the bleeding is controlled
- Live Fire Drills
Broken into the following 3 phases, Classroom Instruction / Discussion, Practical Exercises without live fire and finally Practical Exercises with live fire drills. Upon successful completion of this seminar, the participant will receive a certificate of completion from Grey Wolf Consulting, LLC and will have gained the knowledge and skill to properly and effectively use these life saving devices within a violent confrontation.
This seminar will be conducted by a senior staff or adjunct instructor of Grey Wolf Consulting, LLC and involves live fire exercises which will require the participant to demonstrate competence and safety with a firearm at all times. Additionally the participant will be required the to provide their own firearm (Limited Rentals Available) and 100 – 150 rnds of ammunition.
THIS PROGRAM IS AN INTERMEDIATE LEVEL COURSE AND REQUIRES EITHER THE GREY WOLF CRITICAL DEFENSIVE HANDGUN SKILLS COURSE OR EQUIVALENT.
For additional information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.924.1784