Additionally under State of Connecticut General Statute Sec. 29-161z, all holders of a Security Officers Firearms Endorsement (Blue Card) are required to re-certify annually with the handgun they will be using in the performance of their duties.
This annual re-certification course also meets or exceeds the requirements of and has been approved by the State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
The Core Topics Of Instruction Within This Program (Annual Re-Certification) Include:
- Review of Handgun / Ammunition Safety and Nomenclature
- Review of Safe Handling and Storage of Firearms
- Review of Basic Principles of Combat Marksmanship (Drawing, Reloading, Stoppages, Stance, Grip, etc.)
- Review of The Escalation / De-Escalation of Physical Force and the Use of Force Continuum
- Review of General Statutes Related to the Use of Physical Force
- Review of Liability and the Security Officer
- Live Fire Qualification
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participant will receive the required instructor signatures and application which will need to be taken to or mailed into the State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection in Middletown, CT. for their annual mandated re-certification.
- Duty Handgun
- 2 Magazines / Speedloaders
- Duty Belt
- Double On The Waist (OTW) Magazine / Speedloader Pouch
- Closed Toe Footwear, Brimmed Hat, Long Sleeve Shirt, Pants (NO SHORTS)
- Inclement Weather Gear
- Personal Hydration System (Highly Recommended)
- Wrap Around Eye / Ear Protection
- Note Book (Pocket) and Pen For Note Taking
- 50 Rnds Ammunition Minimum (100 Recommended)
For additional information, please contact us at: email@example.com or 203.952.7815