Under State of Connecticut General Statute Sec. 29-161z any person who is employed as an “Armed” security officer whether in uniform or plain cloths must first complete an approved Security Firearms Training course with the handgun they will be using in the performance of their duties. This requirement is in addition to their required completion of a Criminal Justice certification (White Card / Guard Card) course to obtain their “Blue Card” or Class 1 Endorsement on the State Pistol Permit.
This course of instruction offered through Grey Wolf Consulting is conducted by a State of Connecticut approved and NRA certified Law Enforcement / Security Firearms Instructor and meets or exceeds the requirements of the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection for licensure as a security officer within the State of Connecticut.
The Core Topics Of Instruction Within This Program Include:
- Handgun / Ammunition Safety and Nomenclature
- Safe Handling and Proper Cleaning / Storage of Firearms
- Basic Principles of Combat Marksmanship (Drawing, Reloading, Stoppages, Stance, Grip, etc.)
- The Escalation / De-Escalation of Physical Force and the Use of Force Continuum
- General Statutes Related to the Use of Physical Force
- Liability and the Security Officer
- Live Fire Qualification
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participant will receive the required instructor signatures and application which will need to be taken to the State of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection in Middletown, CT.
Completion Standards: The following represent the minimum passing standards for this course of instruction.
- All written examinations require a minimum passing score of 90% or better.
- All live fire qualifications require a minimum of 260 out of a possible 300.
Should either of these requirements not be met, the participant shall be provided options to complete these requirement at an additional fee.
NOTE: Certification with additional sidearms will be available at the additional fee of $40.00 per sidearm plus any required ammunition.
- Duty Handgun
- 3 Magazines / Speedloaders (Minimum)
- Duty Belt
- Double On The Waist (OTW) Magazine / Speedloader Pouch
- Closed Toe Footwear, Brimmed Hat, Long Sleeve Shirt, Pants (NO SHORTS)
- Inclement Weather Gear
- Personal Hydration System (Highly Recommended)
- Wrap Around Eye / Ear Protection
- Note Book (Pocket) and Pen For Note Taking
- 100 Rnds Ammunition
For additional information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.952.7815
There are no reviews yet.